11:37 15th Oct, 2015
Digital India: Mobile Phones To Be Sold In Post Offices | TechTree.com
Digital India: Mobile Phones To Be Sold In Post Offices
Madhya Pradesh Post Offices will be selling Penta PF 301 featuring a 2.8 inch screen and dual SIM card support at a pocket friendly price of Rs 1,999.
As part of the Digital India initiative that is being spearheaded by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, mobile phones are now on the way to be sold in Post Offices in Madhya Pradesh.
To make this happen, it has been announced that the department has teamed up with state-run telecom operator BSNL and Pantel Technologies that is based out of Noida.
The initiative was also launched in Himachal Pradesh last week and a similar pilot sale took place in four southern states. The officials have also claimed that over 70,000 phones were sold in less than a year during the pilot sale.
However, at present, the initiative in Madhya Pradesh has been launched with Chief Postmaster General ME Haq handing over the first mobile phone handset to a buyer.
Also, it is worth noting that, the post offices and BSNL along with Pantel Technologies are currently said to have agreed upon to sell Penta Bharat Phone PF 301 through the post offices.
Speaking about the feature phone, the Penta Bharat Phone PF 301 comes with a 2.8 inch screen, dual SIM functionality, FM radio, torch, camera and Internet connectivity.
While the smartphone's feature may not impress every single buyer, it definitely is a good step to ensure every citizen is connected to the digital world and to the Internet.
However, the department has also announced that a couple of budget smartphones will be available in post offices in the coming few weeks.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals