11:38 13th Oct, 2015
Gionee Launches Made In India Smartphone F103 At Rs 9,999 | TechTree.com
Gionee Launches Made In India Smartphone F103 At Rs 9,999
The smartphones being manufactured in India are said to be exported to nearby countries.
Just as we reported earlier, Chinese smartphone company Gionee has launched its first smartphone that is made in India on Monday, Oct 12.
Dubbed as the F103, the device comes with a price tag of Rs 9,999 and will be coming with color schemes like Pearl White, Dawn White and Black.
Speaking about the technical specifications of the smartphone, the F103 comes with a MediaTek MT6735 1.3 GHz quad core processor, 5 inch HD IPS display, 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage which can be expanded via a microSD card.
Also, the smartphone comes packed with a 2,400 mAh battery and features 8 MP rear camera along with a 5 MP front camera.
Having said about the specifciations of the smartphone, Gionee President William Lu has affirmed during the launch event that the company would be manufacturing its smartphones in India not just for local market but will also export them to nearby countries.
Also, during the event, Gionee has claimed that nearly 7 million devices have been sold in India until now while it aims at doubling sales by manufacturing locally.
It is also worth noting that the company has signed a partnership deal with Foxconn to manufacture smartphones in its F and P series. Also, the company has partnered with Dixon to manufacture few other feature phones and smartphones at the Delhi NCR facility.
Meanwhile, on Monday, OnePlus announced at a special event held in Bengaluru that it has partnered with Foxconn to manufacture smartphones in India.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals