15:17 12th Oct, 2015
Gionee To Announce First 'Made In India' Smartphone On Oct 12 | TechTree.com
Gionee To Announce First 'Made In India' Smartphone On Oct 12
The company also has plans of setting up two assembly units to manufacture more smartphones in the country.
It looks like smartphone company Gionee may launch its first 'Made in India' smartphone at an event to be held on Monday evening in Vishakapatnam.
While the announcement is not yet official, a few recent reports suggest that the device manufactured at Sri City's Foxconn facility will be launched in the presence of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu.
Also, it is being said that, the company's India chief Arvind Vohra and company's President William Lu will be present at the event.
To recall, recently, Gionee partnered with global manufacturers like Foxconn and Dixon to start producing phones in India. Also, there are speculations that the company might support the 'Make In India' initiative by manufacturing feature phones from the F and M series.
Along with this, the company has also recently announced that it would be investing $50 million to increase the manufacturing of phones in India.
Having this said, Gionee is also having plans to set up two assembly units in India before Diwali.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals