11:53 09th Oct, 2015
Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus To Cost Higher In India Than Abroad | TechTree.com
Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus To Cost Higher In India Than Abroad
The latest iPhones will be coming to India with price tags starting from Rs 62,000.
The much awaited iPhone 6S and 6S Plus are all set to be officially launched in India. And, we all know that the smartphones will be coming with price tags ranging from Rs 62,000 to Rs 92,000.
However, it is important to note that these price listings as found in e-commerce sites such as Flipkart and InfiBeam, are believed to be more higher than the price of the smartphone in the US.
While we know that the iPhone 6s 16 GB variant is priced at Rs 62,000 in India, the same variant comes with a price tag of $649. If you convert it to Indian Rupees, then its Rs 42,235. Also, the same model has been listed at S$1,048 in Singapore which is approx Rs 48,295 in India.
According to The Economic Times, the new iPhones are 14 - 16 percent more expensive in India than the iPhones that were launched last year.
Also, according to a source mentioned in The Economic Times, the increase in the pricing in India might be a result of weak Indian Rupees and the duty charges that have been raised when compared to the last year.
However, with the launch of the new iPhone models in India nearing and people being able to pre-order the smartphones on InfiBeam, we just have to wait and watch as to how would the Indian iPhone aspirants take this pricing.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals