10:32 22nd Sep, 2015
Lenovo’s Windows 8.1-Powered Stick PC 300 Now Available For Pre-Order | TechTree.com
Lenovo’s Windows 8.1-Powered Stick PC 300 Now Available For Pre-Order
Will turn any display into a functional computer running Windows 8.1.
After Intel launched its Compute Stick back in July, PC maker Lenovo has now announced its Ideacentre Stick 300 rebranded as the Lenovo Stick PC 300 for the Indian market. The device is a slim flash-drive like device (only a lot bigger) that comes with all the hardware chops needed to run Windows 8.1 when connected to a display.
Clearly, this makes for a great affordable PC solution or even if you want to add some brains to your not so smart, flat screen TV.
The device that plugs into your display's HDMI port, comes with basic hardware and even includes a memory card slot for storage expansion. Looking at the hardware specs, we can tell that this is a redesigned Intel Compute Stick:
- Inside, we get a quad-core Intel Bay Trail Z3735F chipset equipped with 2 GB of RAM and expandable storage up to 32 GB
- For the connectivity options we get Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0, 1 HDMI port and 2 USB 2.0 ports (one is for power adaptor)
- All of the above is packaged in construction which weighs 65 gms and runs Windows 8.1 (upgradeable to Windows 10) out of the box
The Lenovo Stick PC 300 will compete with the many stick PC offerings available in the Indian market (made by the Chinese, obviously). It can now be pre-ordered at the company’s online DoStore for Rs 9999 and will begin shipping from 25th of September.
TAGS: PCs, Lenovo Ideacentre Stick 300, Lenovo Stick PC 300, Lenovo
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals