14:04 15th Sep, 2015
Indian Govt's New OS Likely To Replace Microsoft Windows For Official Use | TechTree.com
Indian Govt's New OS Likely To Replace Microsoft Windows For Official Use
It is being said that the Army Intelligence tried to break the new OS and failed.
Indian government is finally set to launch the latest version of its own operating system dubbed as the Bharat Operating System Solutions, also known as BOSS.
The operating system which was originally developed in 2007 by National Resource Centre for Free/Open Source Software is now said to have been developed along with Gujarat Technical University, DRDO and a few private computer geeks being involved.
However, the latest version of BOSS which is developed by C-DAC (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing) will be unveiled this week.
Certified by the Linux Foundation, the new operating system is said to come with powerful security features and will be able to protect from countless attacks by hackers.
Along with this, the new OS also comes in line with the Digital India movement and Make in India initiatives.
It is being said that the new OS comes with a virtual keyboard on the display screen itself and a bulk file converter which ensures a safe and speedy transfer of data.
Also, it is being said that new OS was able to withstand the activities by Army Intelligence who tried to break it but in vein.
The new OS comes with almost all the features of Microsoft Windows and at the same time is completely secured and easy to use.
The Indian operating system will be supporting 18 languages including regional languages such as Kannada, Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati and Malayalam to name a few.
Having said this, the new OS is expected to replace Microsoft Windows for official use pretty soon and also in the near future, it is expected to partner with big institutions and companies to make this new OS available to every user.
TAGS: BOSS OS, Indian Government, Digital India, Make in India
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals