14:26 27th Aug, 2015
Samsung Sets Up Solar Mobile Charging Stations Outside Its Stores | TechTree.com
Samsung Sets Up Solar Mobile Charging Stations Outside Its Stores
The green solar chargers can charge up to 20 mobile phones in day using just sunlight.
Samsung seems to be killing two birds with one stone in Bangalore lately. It is accomplishing the same by utilizing solar-based mobile charging stations, which utilize just sunlight to charge smartphones.
Of course there is another side to this. While the charging is free for those who need to use it, Samsung plans to monetize on its green initiative by pushing customers for demonstrations and conversions as well.
Such a facility is a first of its kind in India and Samsung claims that the station that produces 300 KW of energy is enough to charge more than 20 mobile phones in a single day. Also the station requires little maintenance.
As of now this green initiative by Samsung seems to be available only at a few Samsung Cafes.
The Economic Times reports that the same are available at CMH Road, Indiranagar; Total Mall, Sarjapura Road; Sahakaranagar; Malleshwaram; and Vijaynagar in Bangalore City.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals