10:38 20th Aug, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ Comes To India; No Sign Of The Note5 | TechTree.com
Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ Comes To India; No Sign Of The Note5
Only the 32 GB version of the smartphone will go on sale a week later.
Seems like Samsung is really in hurry this year, as its Galaxy S6 edge+ smartphone has just been announced in India. The bigger sibling of the recent Galaxy S6 edge, the plus comes with beefed up internals and a bigger dual edge curved display, but stays low on the price.
We say hurry, since the smartphone was just announced globally, less than a week ago, and we already have an Indian announcement today; with the smartphone reaching store shelves on the 28th of August.
Coming down to the specifics, the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ delivers with upgraded hardware that is almost identical to that on the Galaxy Note5:
- We get a 5.7 inch QHD (2560 X 1440 pixels, 515 PPI) Super AMOLED display
- Inside, we have a 64-bit, octa-core, Exynos 7420 with 4 GB of RAM and a limited 32 GB of internal storage, which could be a deal breaker for many
- The camera department consists of an f/1.9 aperture 16 MP rear camera with OIS and a front-facing 5 MP unit
- We get 4G bands, NFC, and LoopPay’s MST technology for Samsung Pay along with WiFi and Bluetooth
- Powering all of the above is 3000 mAh battery
On the software front you get Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with the TouchWiz layer on top. Talking about TouchWiz, Samsung has added a handy Apps Edge feature that lets you access your favourite and recent apps by sliding from the right edge of the curved display.
Talking about pricing, Samsung has given an attractive pricing of Rs 57,900 for the 32 GB variant. The Keyboard cover, Smart Clear View cover and wireless charger will cost you Rs 4499, Rs 2999 and Rs 3599 respectively.
Either Samsung is making up for lower than expected sales of its Galaxy S6 range in the previous quarter, or it is in a hurry to compete with the upcoming iPhone 6s Plus that arrives in September.
The Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 edge and the S6 edge+ (left to right).
Moreover, considering how serious Apple is about the Indian market, we could expect the iPhone 6s models to arrive early in India as well (after the announcement of course).
[Also Read: What We Know About The iPhone 6s And 6s Plus So Far]
Surprisingly, there is no sign of the Samsung Galaxy Note5, which was announced at the same Galaxy Unpacked event last week. This is strange as edge+ clearly does not match up in terms of the S Pen’s productivity on the Note5.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals