Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
18:19 13th Aug, 2015
HTC May Relaunch The One M9 With MediaTek Chipset | TechTree.com
HTC May Relaunch The One M9 With MediaTek Chipset
The Taiwanese company wants to get rid of the heating issue by changing the chip.
HTC was hoping big on its flagship smartphone, the One M9. However, right after the launch, people started reporting heating issues. And that was enough for driving buyers away from this phone. In fact, the phone never was never launched in India because of this. You can't blame HTC here as Qualcomm's Snapdragon 810 is the real culprit.
According to ePrice, HTC is going to address this issue by relaunching the HTC One M9 with a MediaTek chipset. The e-tailer does not mention exactly what SoC HTC will be using, but considering the phone's flagship status, it could very well be the deca-core Helio X20.
The remaining specifications of the One M9 are expected to remain the same. You get a 5 inch 1080p display. It comes with 3 GB RAM, 32 GB internal storage, and microSD card slot. In the photography department, you get a 20 megapixel camera. Other features include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, 4G LTE, and 2,840 mAh battery.
If the rumour turns out to be true, HTC will have another addition to its One family that includes One M9, One M9 Eye, and One M9+.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals