14:13 13th Jul, 2015
Xiaomi Plans To Develop Its E-Commerce Business Model In India | TechTree.com
Xiaomi Plans To Develop Its E-Commerce Business Model In India
The company is investing an undisclosed amount of money into setting up its own e-commerce business including warehouse and logistics.
Chinese smartphone company Xiaomi which reached the masses in India via its unique flash sales model exclusively on Flipkart has been lately concentrating on its e-commerce portal - Mi.com.
However, now, the company seems to be developing a full-fledged e-commerce business model for its phones and other devices in India.
Being the world's third-largest smartphone maker, Xiaomi has found the Indian market to be potential for its growth and thus, to take it further, the company is actively considering investing in a few startup technology companies to develop an eco-system.
It is however not new for the company to invest in the startups as Xiaomi is one of the top angel investors in China having already invested in over 20 startups in the home country.
However, currently, we know that the company's sales comes mainly from its portal Mi.com and channel partners Flipkart, Amazon and Snapdeal.
We also know that Xiaomi has its research and development center setup in Bengaluru a few months back, which it is now planning to invest in extensively.
Also, Foxconn's manufacturing unit at a leased facility in Sri City in Andhra Pradesh is estimated to produce around 10,000 phones every day for Xiaomi.
Now, with its plans to develop its e-commerce business model, the company is planning to expand its exclusive sales and service network.
However, the company has not yet revealed anything about the budget that will go into the expansion.
Backing this expansion of the company's e-commerce business model, we already know that, Ratan Tata of Tata Sons has already bought a stake in the company.
It looks like Xiaomi definitely has some solid vision in front of it while the company has some competition in the ever-competing smartphone market.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals