10:31 08th Jul, 2015
Vivo To Begin Manufacturing Smartphones In India By October | TechTree.com
Vivo To Begin Manufacturing Smartphones In India By October
Will bring down the costs of producing 4G handsets for the market.
After Celkon it is now Chinese smartphone manufacturer Vivo that plans to manufacture smartphones for the Indian market in India itself. The smartphone maker has plans to start a manufacturing plant in Greater Noida by October with an initial investment of Rs 12.5 crore.
Alex Feng, CEO of Vivo India and CMO of Vivo Global told the Economic Times that the company plans to sell two million handsets by the end of this year. 4G/LTE devices will account for 40 percent of those sales.
"We have taken 30,000 square metres of land on lease in Greater Noida and expect to start assembling our smartphones by October 2015. In the first phase (till December 2015), we will invest Rs 12.5 crore in the facility," Alex Feng told ET.
Seems like everyone wants in, after Foxconn recently began hunting down the perfect spot to lay down its Indian operations. After Foxconn, Sony, HTC and Xiaomi have also begun to show a developing interest in manufacturing smartphones in India.
[Also Read: Vivo V1 And Vivo V1 Max Announced In India]
If all goes well, we could see a noticeable price drop for the smartphones coming from these manufacturers. Still then, quality will be another growing concern, the cracks of which may show up only after the manufacturers settle down and commence operations.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals