12:32 29th Jun, 2015
BlackBerry Rolls Out Update For Its BBM App With New Material Design | TechTree.com
BlackBerry Rolls Out Update For Its BBM App With New Material Design
The update also comes with features like Private Chat which is available at $0.99 per month.
It seems that BlackBerry has finally started rolling out its pretty much talked about update packed with new feature and improvements.
The update is being rolled out to BlackBerry 10, Android and iOS and the key feature is the changes in the material design of the app.
Also, the update brings with it other features like Private Chats where the names actually stay hidden.
While the update has started rolling out now, it is worth noting that it had hit a closed beta group earlier this month before coming to the public as the recent BBM for Android update seems to be a bit broken with plenty of bugs.
Adding more details on the private chat feature, we can observe in the screenshot above that no names and no profile pictures will be displayed and also the chat seems to end automatically after a period of time.
Private Chat feature can be accessed by going to Privacy and Control Subscription. Along with it, users are likely to see Timed messages and pictures, Retract messages and pictures and Edit Message.
However, the feature doesn't come for free. Users are expected to pay $0.99 per month to enjoy the service.
Coming back to the new material design of the app, it is being said that it gets a new way to organise your sticker collection and a new "quote message" feature that lets you refer to previous messages.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals