11:51 10th Mar, 2015
Apple’s Refreshed 13 Inch MacBook Pro Goes Retina | TechTree.com
Apple’s Refreshed 13 Inch MacBook Pro Goes Retina
Retina Display aside, the refreshed laptop range also sees a considerate spec-bump.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro gets a Retina Display and processor upgrade along with the all-new Force Touch trackpad, while the MacBook Air line gets new processors and improved flash storage.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro will now appeal to a broader audience thanks to its pricing and the fact that it now packs in a Retina Display. The updates also include the latest fifth generation Intel Core processors up to 3.1 GHz, faster integrated Intel Iris Graphics 6100, and flash storage.
The MacBook Air notebooks also got an upgrade.
The 11-inch and 13-inch MacBook Air now feature fifth generation Intel Core processors up to 2.2 GHz (with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.2 GHz), integrated Intel HD Graphics 6000 and Thunderbolt 2 ports. Even the flash storage modules get a performance bump. Sadly, there are no new display options announced for the Air range.
Obviously the new processors do mean improvements in battery life and better performance as well.
The 11-inch MacBook Air comes with a 1.6 GHz processor, 4GB of memory and is available with 128GB of flash storage starting at $899 (US), and 256GB of flash storage starting at $1,099 (US).
The 13-inch MacBook Air comes with a 1.6 GHz processor, 4GB of memory and is available with 128GB of flash storage starting at $999 (US), and 256GB of flash storage starting at $1,199 (US).
Indeed this in a way makes the 13 inch MacBook Pro more attractive than the all-new MacBook notebook itself as the prices start from 1299 USD (approx. 81,681 INR). This also includes the flashy Force Touch trackpad as well.
Both laptops are currently available online for the US market.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals