13:41 11th Feb, 2015
Geekbench Reveals That The Sony Xperia Z4 Will Pack In A Snapdragon 810 SoC | TechTree.com
Geekbench Reveals That The Sony Xperia Z4 Will Pack In A Snapdragon 810 SoC
Clearly, the phone exists, but whether it will see a launch at the MWC is questionable.
Sony’s unannounced Xperia Z4 handset is clearly stuck in the doldrums of its dwindling profits. While we have no clue whether Sony indeed has a future with mobile, we keep getting news about its much-talked about Sony Xperia Z4, a handset that if Sony gets right, will help it survive.
Today’s news revolves around the recently surfaced Geekbench scores. They do reveal bits of information that we already know but hide a couple of things such as the camera and the display resolution as well.
The results show off the power of the Snapdragon 810 inside, but again show the processing speed clocked at 1.5 GHz. While this may seem abnormal for a 64-bit octa-core chipset, it is indeed the clock speed of the Cortex-A53 cores that are normally used for low power operations. The faster Cortex-A57 cores can go all the way up to 2 GHz.
While the software does show that the handset is running Android Lollipop 5.0.2, it's the RAM capacity that we are interested in. The Geekbench results show that the smartphone comes with only 3 GB of RAM.
4 GB is indeed going to be the standard for flagships launched at the MWC this year. And surprisingly, Sony who usually spearheads in that area seems to have gone with a smaller module this time around.
But like with most manufacturers this year, there is a chance that we could be looking at the Full HD version of the smartphone and not the premium Quad HD one.
One big question that still remains, is whether Sony will unveil a flagship smartphone at the MWC next month or stick to a mid-ranger.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals