Alnoor M Peermohamed
13:17 12th Jun, 2014
If Nokia Had Its Way, 4G Speeds In India Could Be 400 Times Faster | TechTree.com
If Nokia Had Its Way, 4G Speeds In India Could Be 400 Times Faster
Imagine downloading a 5GB HD movie in as little as 11 seconds.
After getting rid of its handset division, Finnish telecom firm Nokia has diverted all its attention to make networking gear. To showcase its prowess, the company recently achieved transfer rates of 3.78 gigabits per second (gbps) on a 4G network, allowing a user to download a 5GB file in 11 seconds flat.
If that number wasn't mind boggling enough, the transfer speed achieved by Nokia's South Korean network is 400 times faster than 4G speeds offered by Indian telecom operators. Currently Airtel and Videocon Telecom are the two operators offering the fastest 4G speeds in India - a miniscule 10mbps.
"Nokia and SK Telecom reached a throughput speed of 3.78 gigabits per second (gbps). At this speed, a mobile broadband user can download a full-length 5 GB high-definition (HD) movie in just 11 seconds," said Nokia in a statement.
The company achieved such high transfer speeds by aggregating 10 spectrum frequencies of 200 megahertz each. Ironically, this is almost 10 times higher than the broadband wireless spectrum won by companies in 2010 for use in 4G services.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals