Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
14:43 31st Mar, 2014
You Can Buy The "World's Slimmest" Smartphone For Rs 23,000 | TechTree.com
You Can Buy The "World's Slimmest" Smartphone For Rs 23,000
The Gionee Elife S5.5 features a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED screen and 13 megapixel camera.
Announced at the MWC 2014, Gionee has finally brought its premium handset Elife S5.5 to India. Touted as the world’s slimmest handset, the S5.5 is only 5.5 mm thick. The Chinese manufacturer claims that the phone is built using magnesium alloy frame. Good to see such companies bring fresh aesthetics to the table, when biggies such as Samsung are still stuck with done-to-death design and materials.
The Elife S5.5 packs in a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED Full HD display with a protective and scratch-proof layer of Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3. It is powered by a 1.7 GHz "true" octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor . We wish Gionee should have opted for Snapdragon chipset, as Qualcomm processors offer better stability compared to their MediaTek counterparts. Gionee has done a great job at squeezing in a 2300 mAh battery in the slim S5.5. The phone has 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage. However, there's no microSD card slot.
In the photography department, this Anorexic phone comes with a 13 megapixel camera. The 95-degree wide-angle lens is reportedly made by the Japanese electronic giant Sony. The camera offers Full HD (1080) video recording. The phone comes with a 5 megapixel front-facing camera, which should be more than enough for selfies.
The Elife S5.5 runs Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, with Gionee's signature Amigo UI on top of it. For more details on the Amigo UI, check out our Elife E6 review.
The Gionee Elife S5.5 is priced at Rs 23,000. It's expected to hit the stores in a couple of weeks.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals