Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
13:40 31st Mar, 2014
Phones Continue To Get Bigger As XOLO Unveils PocketPad | TechTree.com
Phones Continue To Get Bigger As XOLO Unveils PocketPad
Offers HD screen and quad-core processor, priced at Rs 15,000.
XOLO continues its product announcement spree with a latest addition to its Q-series. The new entrant is the 6-inch Q2500 PocketPad. The device has been listed on the company's official website. Needless to say, it's targeted at folks who believe in "bigger the better" ideology. The 6-incher sports an IPS display with 720x1280 pixels. This translates to pixel density of around 245 ppi. Like every other mod-range Android device, the XOLO Q2500 is fuelled by a quad-core Mediatek processor clocked at 1.3 GHz. 1 GB of RAM should be able to handle Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. XOLO has promised Kitkat via future OTA (Over The Air) updates.
The domestic brand claims that the phone's 8 megapixel camera is backed by a BSI (Back-Side Illuminated) sensor. This means that the camera will produce relatively better images in low-light light conditions. For video calling, you get a 2 MP front facing snapper. Camera features include HDR (High Dynamic Range), Low-Light enhancement, Face recognition, Vertical & Horizontal
Panorama capture, and Geo tagging.
Moving onto other specs, the phone offers 4 GB of internal storage and microSD card slot, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G A-GPS (Assisted Global Positioning System), and 3000 mAh battery.
The XOLO Q2500 is priced at Rs 15,000. According to the product page, the device will come bundled with a free clip cover. However, there's no word on its market availibility.
- 6-inch IPS screen with 720x1280 pixels.
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MMediaTek chip.
- 1 GB RAM, 4 GB internal storage, microSD card slot.
- 8 megapixel camera, 2 MP front-facing snapper.
- DUal-SIM (GSM), Supports 3G.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, A-GPS.
- 3000 mAh battery.
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals