15:10 06th Dec, 2021
OPPO introduces Genius+ program to empower young talent in India | TechTree.com
OPPO introduces Genius+ program to empower young talent in India
Under the MoU between IIT Delhi and OPPO, OPPO will be offering scholarships support for the shortlisted students starting a full term course with the institute.
As part of the Genius+ program, OPPO will collaborate with other premium institutes for scholarships program for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students.
Aimed at strengthening its commitment towards empowering young minds of India, OPPO India today introduced the Genius+ program to provide scholarships to outstanding students pursuing engineering courses at premium institutes.
This program showcases OPPO's commitment towards nurturing Indian talent and building a more substantial base for the students to grow. Genius+ program is aimed at connecting with youth at renowned institutes in India and reach out to the best talent who can further build the India’s innovation portfolio.
Commenting on this program, Mr Tasleem Arif, Vice President, India R&D Head, OPPO India, said, “India holds a true potential to become the innovation hub. This program is a step towards helping young people around the world gain access to better educational and learning opportunities, carving an innovative future together. We hope to empower more students through this program and prepare the innovators of tomorrow.”
Adding to the successful launch, Prof. Naveen Garg, Dean – International Programmes, IIT Delhi, said, “We are grateful to OPPO India for extending support to the top ranking students of IIT Delhi. Such scholarships go a long way in acknowledging the meritorious candidates.”
The selection of first-year applicants for the Genius+ scholarship program is based on the JEE rank of the students, and this will be further renewed for the 2nd-4th year if the selected students have a minimum CPI (CGPA) of 8.0 or above. OPPO’s representative will guide and track academic progress of selected students via in person visits to the campus.
This apart, OPPO has been at the forefront of empowering and mentoring India's youth through multiple initiatives. OPPO has also collaborated with IIT Hyderabad to promote research in the field of science and technology. It envisaged joint research and development for multiple projects over two years to develop new technologies in areas specific to camera and image processing, battery, networks (5G), system performance, and Artificial Intelligence, among other areas.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals