18:30 31st Jul, 2017
HomePod’s Firmware Suggests Facial Recognition In iPhone 8 | TechTree.com
HomePod’s Firmware Suggests Facial Recognition In iPhone 8
The feature has been recently spotted by a developer in the HomePod’s firmware codebase published by Apple recently.
While recent rumours about the upcoming Apple iPhone have been teasing about what we may actually expect, the Cupertino giant itself has left a clue on this. According to a recent post published on Gadgets 360, the HomePod’s new firmware comes with a face unlocking feature which pretty much self explains about the iPhone 8’s feature that would allow customers to unlock the device by just looking at it.
According to Gadgets 360, the feature was spotted by developer Steve Troughton-Smith in the HomePod’s firmware codebase which was published recently by Apple. It is being said that it has several references of ‘BKFaceDetect’ which may stand for BiometricKit. The post further mentions that the codebase suggests about infrared camera which may help the device to detect the user’s face in the dark.
To recall, a couple of Tech experts and tipsters have been speculating over the past few weeks about Apple ditching the Touch ID fingerprint scanner and include the face recognition feature as a replacement. This was also backed by The Unbox Therapy on its YouTube channel while showing off a prototype of Apple iPhone 8 thus giving more credibility on the lack of physical home button on the front and back portions of the device.
With that said, it is also worth noting that the code comes with a picture of an iPhone prototype, and just as we have been witnessing all these days, it doesn’t have any bezel or Touch ID button. Well, with all these speculations and suggestions being spotted every now and then, it won’t be surprising, if at all, we actually see the face unlocking feature on the iPhone when it is released.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals