10:28 18th May, 2017
Google Releases Android O Beta At Google I/O 2017 | TechTree.com
Google Releases Android O Beta At Google I/O 2017
Android O is claimed to improve battery life and security on your smartphone.
On Day 1 at Google I/O at the Shoreline Amphitheater at their Mountain View headquarters, Google made an announcement that Android has reached over 2 billion monthly active smartphones globally. The technology giant also showcased a number of ways it is working to make Android more useful, and one such announcement was that of the beta release of Android O and Android Go, a new initiative to help bring Android to the next billion users.
According to the technology giant, Android O will be coming out later this year, and it touts of bringing more fluid experience to smartphones. The company has also announced that Android O will be bringing in improvements in battery life and security.
With picture-in-picture, you can seamlessly do two tasks simultaneously, like checking your calendar while planning a party on a Duo video call. And Smart Text Selection improves copy and paste—because who enjoys fumbling with text selection handles? Also, by using machine learning to recognize entities on the screen—like a complete address—you can easily select text you want with a double tap, and even bring up an app like Maps to help navigate you there.
The company also further explains that, Android O aims to make your phone startup quicker and your apps faster, with added optimizations for developers to help prevent your battery from draining. Speaking about the availability, while we already said that the Android O will being rolling out later this year, developers can definitely try their hands on the preview at android.com/beta now.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals