Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:18 12th Jan, 2017
HTC Announces Flagship Handset Ultra U With A Classy Back | TechTree.com
HTC Announces Flagship Handset Ultra U With A Classy Back
The handset also features a gimmicky secondary display.
Taiwanese manufacturer has kicked off a new year with new flagship phone. Dubbed as the Ultra U, the new handset boasts of premium build quality HTC is known for. While the phone features a sturdy metal frame, HTC has gone with a fancy curved glass back. The manufacturer claims that it developed an entirely new process to bond colours to the glass in multiple layers to add a sense of depth to the design. The company likes to call it a liquid surface.
Moving onto other features, the phone's 2-inch secondary screen warrants a special mention. Much like the LG V10 and V20, the Ultra U's secondary screen is used for displaying notifications and weather information. It is more of a gimmick that unfortunately breaks the symmetry on an otherwise brilliantly designed phone. The primary 5.7-inch LCD panel has Quad HD resolution. it is protected by Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The Ultra U is powered by a Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 chipset. It has 4 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage. The company will also roll out a 128 GB internal storage variant in select markets. The phone features a hybrid slot that can support up to 2 TB of additional storage or a secondary SIM card.
For shutterbugs, the phone is equipped with a 12-megapixel camera OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation). It is capable of recording videos at 4K video resolution. As usual, HTC goes extra mile to please narcissist people by delivering a whopping 16-megapixel selfie camera.
Among other features, you get 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS (Assisted GPS), and NFC. The phone packs-in a 3000 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0. In terms of software, the Ultra you runs Android 7.0 Nougat with HTC Sense customisation on top.
The HTC U Ultra will hit the stores in March. However, you can pre-order the handset right now for $750, which approximately translates to Rs 51,000.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals