11:46 13th Dec, 2016
Two Different Foldable Phones Cooking In Samsung’s Bay | TechTree.com
Two Different Foldable Phones Cooking In Samsung’s Bay
While one is expected to sport an actual bendable display, another may feature a hinge that allows the device to fold.
We already know how Samsung is serious when it comes to innovation in display screens. In-fact, lately, we have been witnessing a couple of rumours and leaks about a bendable smartphone being cooked in the company’s labs.
However, a recent report now claims that two different foldable smartphones are being developed by Samsung, and interestingly, one of them is expected to be launched in 2017.
While one smartphone is said to sport a dual-screen with flat screens on both sides, another is said to come with a single flexible OLED display. This was in-fact reported by Etnews. Also, it is being reported that a small number of smartphone units will be rolled out in 2017 itself so that the company can actually understand the market trends for a dual-screen smartphone.
Speaking about the dual-screen smartphone that we are talking about, it comes with two flat displays on each side and when the smartphone is folded across the hinge, both the displays will be inside, and no more visible.
However, another smartphone with a single bendable display, is basically said to come with one big display panel, that itself will be folded. Therefore, this second smartphone comes with a true foldable display panel. And, as we know, it poses certain difficulties for the company to actually make it reality.
While these reports are still heavily based on speculations, we may have to actually wait and watch for what will the company launch in 2017, and what is being cooked up in their labs.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals