Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
16:21 20th Sep, 2016
The HTC Desire 10 Pro Brings HTC 10's Design To Mid-Range | TechTree.com
The HTC Desire 10 Pro Brings HTC 10's Design To Mid-Range
The handset features 20-megapixel camera and a sad MediaTek processor.
HTC has announced the Desire 10 Pro via its website. The new entrant in Desire series takes design inspiration from the top-dog HTC 10. However, in terms of materials, it swaps metal with plastic. It does feature a metal outline though. While HTC calls its distinct golden accent "elegant", going by the product shots, it looks quite tasteless in my books.
The handset features a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS (In Pane Switching) screen. It has Corning's Gorilla Glass protection for scratch-resistance. The phone boasts of a 20-megapixel laser autofocus main camera. Selfies will be taken care of by a 13-megapixel front-facing camera. Now comes the bummer, the Desire 10 Pro is powered by MediaTek's Helio P10 chip. So far, my experience with MediaTek's SoC's haven't been pleasing at all. The phone comes with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage. There's a also a 4 GB RAM variant that comes with 64 GB internal storage. Both these versions have a microSD card slot that supports up to 2 TB. The dual-SIM phone nsupports 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, and NFC. The handset has a 3000 mAh battery. Among other things, the phone has a fingerprint sensor on its back. On the software side of things, you get Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with HTC Sense UI on top.
Like the iPhone, HTC has started using fancy names for colours. The Desire 10 Pro comes in Stone Black, Polar White, Royal Blue, and Valentine Lux (wait, what?). The HTC Desire 10 pro will release in next month. However, the Taiwanese hasn't shed any light on the pricing information.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals