Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
08:50 02nd Sep, 2016
IFA 2016: HTC A9s Is A Premium Phone With Poor Specs | TechTree.com
IFA 2016: HTC A9s Is A Premium Phone With Poor Specs
The metal unibody handset comes with a MediaTek chipset.
With the HTC 10 already challenging the top-dog Galaxy S7 edge, the Taiwanese manufacturer is now using the IFA platform to showcase its mid-range offerings. The first such handset is the One A9s. The metal unibody handset looks so elegant that we forgive it for taking some "inspiration" from recent iPhones.
While we love its design, its the inclusion of a MediaTek chipset that worries me. So far my experience with MediaTek powered phones hasn't been pleasant by a long shot. Therefore, instead of an octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 SoC (System on Chip), I would have rather settled for a less powerful, but stable chip from Qualcomm. The phone has 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage. The 3 GB variant comes with 32 GB internal storage. Both versions feature a microSD card slot that can add another 2 TB of storage.
The screen has always been a weak area for HTC, and this handset is no exception. The A9s sports a 5-inch HD LCD display. It does not even make use of IPS (In Pane Switching) technology, so rich colours and wide viewing angles are out of the question.
The 13-megapixel rear camera boasts of BSI sensor, which helps in low light. For selfies, there's a 5-megapixel snapper. In the audio department, the A9s offers BoomSound sound enhancement. Much like Samsung, the Taiwanese company has integrated the fingerprint sensor in the home key. The phone's other notable features include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS (Assisted GPS), NFC (Near Field Communication), and 2300 mAh battery.
On the software front, the HTC One A9s offers Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. Of course, it comes with HTC's signature Sense UI, which is one of the nest Android customisations in the market. The HTC One A9s will be available in silver, gold, and black. As of this writing, the company hasn't shed any light on pricing and availability.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals