15:55 13th Jul, 2016
Oakter App To Control 40 Different Home Appliances | TechTree.com
Oakter App To Control 40 Different Home Appliances
By leveraging on IoT technology, the app will help users control home care devices from a remote location via their mobile phones.
Since the Internet of Things (IoT) seems to be getting into every aspect of development and transformation lives, it only makes sense to see in our homes as well. Oatker is a new technology start-up that is leveraging on IoT technology, to make our homes easier to control, via their mobile application Qakter Hub, which will be able to control 40 types of home care appliances. The company made prominent for their 'plug-and-play' home care products, will add this feature so that devices can be better and more accurately managed from a remote destination.
The company sells most of their products online, via stores like Amazon and Flipkart, which includes AC, Water Heater, Water Motor, Mosquito Repellant, fish tank, lamps etc. The pricing starts at INR 2,800, which lets users control one low powered home appliance like coffee machines. Users can start with one or two home appliances, and then keep growing their smart-home experience.Putting more weight behind this development, Shishir Gupta, the CEO of Oakter said, “We believe IoT will bring about similar productivity gains for home environment in the next 10 years, as seen in work environment after the advent of PCs and Internet. Home appliances haven’t improved much in last 30 years, but times they are going to change very soon.” From a time when managing home appliances used to be more cumbersome and needed the physical presence of a person to effectively do so, it will now come within the control of the user armed with a smartphone.
Image credit: androidcentral.com
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals