14:39 25th May, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Tab Now Integrated With Iris Recognition | TechTree.com
Samsung Galaxy Tab Now Integrated With Iris Recognition
South Korean electronics giant, Samsung has unveiled, Galaxy Tab Iris, blessed with Iris recognition technology which is compatible with Aadhaar authentication.
The company with the launched device, aims to target paperless and cashless services in verticals including banking, e-governance services like Passport, taxation, healthcare and education. Samsung claims that the tablet will be manufactured domestically from its facility in Bengaluru and that the device will facilitate government benefit programs and help financial institutions streamline their operations, irrespective of language and literacy obstacles.
“We’re excited to offer biometric-based services to the billion plus people enrolled in Aadhar,” said Dr. Aloknath De, Corporate Vice President & CTO, Samsung India R&D. “Our India R&D team has made significant investments in biometric technology research and we built this product leveraging our knowledge in hardware design, biometrics and security for a high speed scan, greater accuracy and high reliability.”
“Along with the device, we are providing an Identity SDK for application developers to build financial inclusion, payments and authentication solutions. This will encourage our start-up ecosystem to rapidly build relevant apps and services. We strongly believe this overall offering will in turn strengthen government programs such as Jan-Dhan Yojana and E-Citizen services under the Digital India initiative,” he said.
Announcing the launch, Mr. Sukesh Jain, Vice President, Samsung India Electronics, said, “This is another example of Samsung’s pursuit for meaningful innovations. We see great potential for the iris-technology solution to be used as a means of directly facilitating greater inclusion in the Digital India programme. The biometric authentication can also act as an enabler in facilitating integration of financial services with the ‘Aadhar’ initiative. The Galaxy Tab Iris addresses consumer pain points across platforms such as banking, finance, education and various citizen services by bringing enhanced usability, versatility and reliability all through one device.”
The product which is priced at INR 13,499 will not be available on retail and will be specifically sold on the company's portal.
The GalaxyTab Iris sports a 7 inch WSVGA (1024x600 display) with a 1.2 GHz quad core processor, coupled with 1.5 GB of RAM generating power under its hood. Samsung has integrated Android L OS in the device with a 5MP autofocus rear camera.
The device as its name suggests is also equipped with an Iris camera and subsystem.
Image Courtesy: Samsung Newsroom
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals