16:27 06th May, 2016
Primera Introduces LX500 Color Label Printer | TechTree.com
Primera Introduces LX500 Color Label Printer
New features include faster print speeds, optional built-in label cutter and improved print quality.
Primera Technology, Inc., one of the world's leading manufacturers of specialty printers, today announced its new LX500 Color Label Printer.
LX500 is Primera's newest and most affordable desktop color label and tag printer. Its high-yield, tri-color ink cartridge keeps cost per label low. Fast print speeds and an optional built-in guillotine-style cutter allow users to quickly and easily print and cut their short-run labels. In addition, LX500 has a lower MSRP price than the printer it replaced which was called LX400, and is up to 270 per cent faster on labels printed with comparable print quality. LX500's MSRP price is $1295 while the LX400 was priced $200 higher, at $1495.
"Start-ups and other small businesses quickly realize that their labels must look professional. With LX500 they can produce labels that look as good as, or even better, than large, national branded products," said Mark D. Strobel, Primera's vice president of sales and marketing. "With more than two and a half times the print speed, even better print quality than the previous model and at $200 less MSRP, LX500 is a compelling choice for any business that needs to produce stunning, full-color labels on-demand."
Typical applications include product labels for coffee, wine, bakery, confectionary, meat, cheese and hundreds of other specialty and gourmet foods. LX500 also accepts tag stock that can be cut with the optional built-in cutter, making it ideal for producing visitor, convention and meeting badges. LX500 can also be used for private labeling, test marketing, pre-press proofing and retail shelf labelling.
Printer drivers are included for Windows 7/8/10, along with Bartender Ultralite Software (for Windows) to format label designs, add barcodes, QR codes, etc. Most other popular graphic design programs for Windows can be used to design and print labels. A Mac driver is currently under development and will be available soon.
Qualified substrates include many different inkjet label materials, including Primera's exclusive Tuffcoat Extreme (TM) white and clear polyester and white BOPP. Paper labels are also available in high-gloss and matte finishes.
LX500 is priced at $1295 (MSRP) and LX500c (with cutter) is priced at $1395 (MSRP) in the USA and Canada. It is available now from Primera's resellers and distributors worldwide.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals