13:47 29th Oct, 2015
OPPO Launches Its Budget Neo 7 Smartphone For Rs 9990 | TechTree.com
OPPO Launches Its Budget Neo 7 Smartphone For Rs 9990
While the price is worrisome, the construction quality seems to make up for it.
OPPO has launched yet another budget smartphone called the Neo 7. The device packs in budget hardware in the form of a Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 with 1 GB of RAM, which seems a bit pricey at first, but makes up for things with its construction and build quality.
While OPPO did get its pricing all wrong with the Mirror 5s, the Neo 7, which is a successor to the Neo 5, seems to be somewhat on track.
The phone clearly focuses and quality and seems to be inspired from a Chinese bronze mirror. And OPPO has worked on the back of the smartphone, as well incorporating up to 13 layers of coating, refined through a series of 40 processes to increase strength, which also makes it reflect like a mirror. Also worth a mention is the arc frame, in which the company has used high-strength magnesium-aluminium alloy, to make the smartphone not only lighter, but works better for heat dissipation as well.
Coming down to the hardware inside the Oppo Neo 7:
- We get a 5 inch 960 x 540 pixel display with 220 PPI
- Inside, there is a Qualcomm MSM8916 Quad-core 1.2GHz processor with 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage that is expandable up to 128 GB
- The camera department consists of an 8 MP AF unit with back-illuminated sensor with a 5 MP sensor carrying out selfie duties upfront
- The handset sports 4G bands, and the usual connectivity options including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, all of which are powered by a 2420mAh battery
- The handset boots to ColorOS 2.1 with Android 5.1 Lollipop as the base
The Oppo Neo 7 will be available in India this week itself both in stores and online at Rs 9990 and will compete against most of the entry level Android handsets thanks to its watered down specifications.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals