04th Jul 2014
From ruling the market in the early 2000s to introducing the first smartphones in the country, Nokia has been trying to regain the lost glory in the country.
Nokia’s acquisition by Microsoft in April 2014 was a step towards saving the company and making a comeback in the handset market.
It is noticeable that Nokia introduced the concept of smartphones in India; they created the vision of phones performing more tasks than just making calls and text messages. Nokia was a key developer of GSM and was the first one who recognized the opportunity of bringing gaming market on phones and productized it into N-Gage handsets.
They also launched E-series which was designed for the business segment. Let’s see what Nokia has to offer to its customers this year.
- Nokia currently offers 18 Windows OS based smartphones in India.
- Nokia offers 9 smartphones which are priced for mid segment. These handsets are available for price range INR 8000 – 15000.
- Nokia has smartly placed 9 smartphones in the high end category.
- Nokia recently introduced Android based X series in India.
Top Nokia smartphones in India (as per data from FindYogi.com and not a TechTree recomendation)
Nokia Lumia 1520: This is one of the popular high end nokia smartphones, which runs on Windows Phone 8 Black OS with a 2.2 GHz Quad Core Processor. It offers IPS LCD screen with 367 ppi and 6 inch screen makes it perfect for browsing, gaming, reading and social media connect. It comes with 20 Megapixel primary camera, 1.2 megapixel secondary camera and Dual LED flash, which offers customers good imaging experience. It comes with 2 GB RAM and 32 GB internal memory.
Nokia Lumia 1320: This phone comes with a 6 inch, IPS LCD screen with 244 ppi resolution. This brings it to category of mid segment phablets. This phone runs on Windows 8 phone OS. 1.7 GHz Dual core processor and 1 GB RAM. Five Megapixel primary camera with LED Flash helps this phone to deliver quality images. It also has a secondary camera, 0.3 megapixels for video calling and selfie. It comes with a non-removable battery, which is the only thing user gets to think twice about.
Nokia Lumia 630 Dual Sim: This handset comes in two variants; Single Sim and Dual Sim. This phone runs on latest Windows 8.1 OS with a 1.2 GHz Quad Core Processor. It comes with 4.5 inch, IPS LCD screen with 217 ppi resolution. It has a 5 Megapixel primary camera with LED Flash and does not have a secondary camera. It is a 3G phone that comes with A-GPS and GLONASS. It is equipped with 8 GB internal memory and can be expanded upto 128 GB. All the other Nokia features remain intact. This is one of the best low price range smartphones from Nokia.
Nokia X Plus: This is an Android smartphone, which operates Nokia X Platform 1.0 UI, Android (Jelly Bean) OS and clocks at 1.0 GHz Dual Core processor. This low end smartphone comes with 4 inch IPS LCD screen. It has a 3.15 megapixel primary camera without flash. It comes with 4GB inbuilt internal memory and can be expandable upto 32GB with a micro SD card.
Nokia X2 Price: This is another smartphone that operates on fork android platform, which is Nokia X platform 2.0 UI – Android (Jelly Bean) OS. This phone runs on 1.2 GHz Dual Core Processor with 1GB RAM and is equipped with 4GB internal memory, expandable upto 32GB. Nokia X2 comes with 4.3 inch IPS LCD screen with 216 ppi screen resolution. Nokia X2 is designed to offer good imaging experience to low budget smartphone users; it comes with 5 Megapixel primary camera with LED Flash and 0.3 megapixel front camera. It offers good battery backup and this should improve gaming experience on low end Nokia smartphones. It is soon going to hit stores in India and is estimated price at around Rs. 10,000.
(Author Priyanka Jaiswal is a tech enthusiast and currently works with FindYogi.com – a buying decision platform for consumer electronics)
Top Five Nokia Smarthones | TechTree.com
Top Five Nokia Smarthones
The company has 18 smartphones in India
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals