Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
12th Nov 2013
The 808 was a breakthrough in mobile phone photography, and a fitting tribute to Nokia’s Symbian platform. Its 41 megapixel camera, backed by Zeiss optics, offered incredibly detailed photographs in daylight. On the other hand, the Lumia 920 produced amazing low-light images with its Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) coupled with a Back Side Illuminated (BSI) sensor. Little wonder then that Nokia fused these two technologies in its latest flagship, the Lumia 1020. So does it really shine in both the normal and low-light conditions?
Well, we’re testing the phone thoroughly, and while the final touches are being applied to the review, here are some interesting snaps taken with the Nokia Lumia 1020. You may already know that the 1020's Nokia Camera software offers DLSR-like settings. Using this app, you can play around with shutter speed, white balance, ISO, exposure, and focus. Note that even slow-shutter shots are achieved without a tripod. Why? Well, the good people from Nokia forgot to send us the camera grip despite reminders.
The image embedded below was clicked in a pitch-dark room. The only source of light in this image is the Lumia 1020's powerful flat-capacitor Xenon flash.
To check the sharpness, we've cropped a small portion of the above image.
Surprisingly, there's hardly any blur around the droplets.
This low-light image has been shot keeping the shutter speed to 2 seconds. Exposure value brought down by a unit to enhance the yellows.
Another example of low-light imaging with slow-shutter (1.3 seconds in this case).
One more, near Currey Road Railway Station.
Shot at Marine Drive in the afternoon.
When taking the picture, I didn't notice a dragonfly in the frame. But the camera did. Check out the cropped shot below.
Depth of field achieved using manual focus options.
Random click at the mall.
But then, we found something interesting.
Stud-boy posing for his new Facebook display picture to the "right" camera.
Khozema Agarwala contributed to this article.
Nokia Lumia 1020 Camera Samples | TechTree.com
Nokia Lumia 1020 Camera Samples
Take a look at these images shot with the 1020.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals