06th Nov 2015
It's festive season in India with a number of festivals lined up between October - December. And, Diwali is nearing.
As it nears, the Hong Kong based consultancy firm, Counterpoint Research has recently put out that India may soon record the highest number of smartphone sales during the festive season.
The company has also added that while every year Indian festive season brings about 40% of overall annual sales, this year looks to be a little more special.
Counterpoint Research has also revealed a graph which clearly shows the increase in the smartphone shipments to India since Sept 2014.
However, recently, we had come across reports that the number of mobile phones shipped is actually falling down, but, it may be only due to the fall in the sales of feature phones.
So, back to the festive season and mobile phone makers have reportedly dispatched a large number of devices anticipating a very brilliant sale for the festive season.
Also, adding to this, the e-commerce portals regularly come up with interesting festive offers during Dussehra and Diwali festive season. This again may be a reason for an increase in the number of sales volume between Oct - Dec.
Counterpoint Research Expects Smartphones To Be Sold More During Diwali | TechTree.com
Counterpoint Research Expects Smartphones To Be Sold More During Diwali
Indians now tend to upgrade their smartphones once in every 9 to 10 months on an average, according to the research firm.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals